Our fourth installment in the major Flotilla City States: Arboretum
Arboretum breaks the general rules, it's a floating nature preserve full of wannabe druids.
Player knowledge: Arboretum is a strange city.
The Anthropocene didn't just threaten human life, but also all animal life. A contingency of botanist, zoologists, and biologist was able to rally and cajole members of the corporate powers into setting up a floating nature reserve. Rumors persist at least one of the founders was a psychic. The citizens of other flotilla cities view the Arboretum as a floating hippy commune.
The natives tend to the remaining plants, and animals rescued from the previous world. Each citizen wears long red robes and appears to have some strange bond with the environment.
Because of its unique habitat Arboretum is vital to the remaining population of the other flotillas and acts as a neutral zone in the war.
1. A society that has merged scientific study with religious overtones.
2. Citizens have appeared to have a psychic bond with the animals, all natives have a beast companion that follows them, and are able to summon swarms of insects to assist them.
3. technological is limited to what is needed to maintain the habitat, there are no more conveniences.
4. The Council will grant cuttings of a tree to other flotillas and refuses to take a side in the war.
5. No police force is needed. Chief Zao has a select number of guards to defend against foreign incursions, but internal conflicts are decided by caucus
The City council are as follows:
1. Albion Isabella – Project Manager/High Priest
2. Paris Ella- Head engineering/High Priestess
3. Elashon Holt – Head of the medical department/Medicine Chief
4. Halavar Farran – Research and development/Seer
5. Zao Faelyn – Chief of Security/War Chief
(Players Beware) The rumors are true, one of the founding members of the city-state was a very powerful psychic. In many ways, the population of Arboretum is the anti-thesis to the cult of Green Blood that runs Pacifica. They have a natural psychic tendency and all carry the beast master edge.
1. The City council acts more like a religious organization with its members taking part in ceremonies designed to remote view other places or predict future events.
2. They take a lot of drugs there, in fact, Arboretum is an openly hedonistic society that tolerates all behavior that is not deemed harmful to the self or others.
3. Arboretum employs only what technology it needs to maintain is habitat. Humans and animals live, eat, and sleep in common areas. The citizens are safe due to their psychic relations to animals, but outsiders may find many segments dangerous.